Saturday, June 21, 2008

Bad Ironman

I am about to commit an egregious sin and break a cardinal rule of Ironman protocol.

I am going to change my nutrition plan the day before the race.

This is not advised and I may be thrown out of the Ironman club. There are things you just don't do and changing anything before the race is a no-no. The slightest change from your routine could disrupt your race in a significant way. Needless to say, changing your nutrition plan is up there with public suicide.

That's ok - I really don't care. I was never that happy with my plan anyway and I have a strong stomach so I'm not particulary worried. I moved over to an all Hammer Nutrition plan which includes their endurance mix, electrolyte pills and gels. Les and Estuardo have trained me in the ways of the Hammer and I'm not looking back.

I know most of you don't really give a damn about it but it is big stuff. Trust me.

No comments: